MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, June 19, 2015

KING OF KENSINGTON

Happy Friday!
I wanted to post this yesterday - but I just cold not get this painting DONE.......
So, to celebrate showing in Kensington Market again this year, I have created another new painting (and a print to come)
First.....here are the show details.......

The Kensington Market Art Fair (KMAF) is an annual curated outdoor art fair in Toronto’s historical neighbourhood, focusing on original art and craft. KMAF features artists working in painting, drawing, illustration, photography, ceramics, jewelry, and more! In partnership with the Kensington Market BIA and Pedestrian Sundays, KMAF occurs on the last Sunday of each month from May to October.

THIS WEEKEND ---
Sunday June 28, from 12pm – 7pm
77 Nassau Street, Kensington Market

More info: www.keep6.ca/kmaf
Contact: info@keep6.ca
Artist Directory: http://keep6.ca/kmaf/2015-featured-artists/

SUPER EXCITED TO BE SHOWING A NEW KENSINGTON PAINTING!!
So, I wanted to show you how the piece shaped up.....step by step.....
I drew a lot of this piece in - then inked it....then added the paint like watercolour!

Then slowly started putting in the shadows....

I really like how it looks without a bo!rder.......BUT.....

Beige border in place

FOREVER...now with a blue additional border.....

forever KENSINGTON MARKET....with more colour changes and such....

Then I decided it still looked compositionally unbalanced, so I
added the "Toronto Ontario"  -- then put washes and aging (my FAVOURITE PART)!

And here she is in all her glory!!!

"Forever Kensington", 36" x 24" Acrylic on Canvas, 2015

YUP! She is a beaut!
I hope everyone agrees!!
See you next Sunday at the KMAF!
(Don't worry I will remind you across ALL the social networking platforms next week!)
;-p
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND Y'ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment