MORE ABOUT ME

Thursday, July 8, 2010

THE SUN WILL COME OUT TOMORROW!



Well, I think Annie said it the best! "Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun!" I am DESPERATELY hoping that tomorrow at the Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition is not a wash out. We are going to set up the tent at 8am and open for business at 10:30am-7:30pm. It is a LONG day, but I am hoping for greatness! So far the weather forecast is NOT GOOD but, this is my 16 - COUNT THEM SIXTEENTH outdoor show in 6 years, so i should be pretty used to this kind of nonsense! There is nothing to fret about - what ever will be will be. So, here is another image that I will be showing tomorrow.

This is another of the TWENTY "Mixed Messages" assemblages that I have produced for the show this weekend! This one is called "Sucker Punch". The 6" x 9" shadow box, like the others, cannibalizes imagery from my catalogue of 300 completed paintings. I have had the imagery printed, and then reassembled the pieces to create another amusing little artistic bon bon! Ok, so this piece was built from:

"Spring Chicken". This was my very first mixed media Tin Toy piece. It has springs on the one side holding up a picture of a Rooster. I had always wanted to paint the 'Rock 'em Sock 'em' robots....and in the background is a fight too! Sorry, this great piece sold at Terrence Robert Gallery in Ottawa a couple of months ago!













The sucker is from "Lollypop" which is from my "Wisdom from A-Z" Series. It is a quote from Annie Leibowitz that I like a lot!

As usual I added ink and paint to punch up the colours, and added some found objects to fill out the box including some letter tiles from a kids game, and some sheet metal with some painted designs on it! You cannot tell in this picture, but the stick on the lollypop goes right through the bottom of the shadow box. 

SUPER CUTE! Huh?!
Ok. That's it! We will hopefully see you out in the square tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment