MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WW119: BATES MOTEL, C2C and George Takei's Amazon

5 things that I love this week:

1.) Bates Motel. I really like this show. First.......I like the artwork for it. It is creepy and lovely:






For those of you who havent tuned in to this show yet....here is a quick synopsis:
Following the death of her husband, Norma Bates buys a motel on the outskirts of the idyllic coastal town of White Pine Bay, seeking a fresh start. As Norma and Norman get ensconced in their new home, they discover this town isn’t quite what it seems, and the locals aren’t so quick to let them in on their secrets. But the Bates’ are done being pushed around and will do whatever it takes to survive – and will do whatever it takes to protect their own secrets....

Bates is made by the folks at Lost and Friday Night Lights. So the story is good. Creepy - and good. it stars Freddie Highmore as a young Norman Batesand and Vera Farmiga as his mother. BOTH of these actors do a SPECTAULAR job!!!!!!! I love them in this!

The whole 1st season is done.......so it is the perfect time to see them all in one big scary viewing!!!!!
What are you waiting for?? DO IT NOW!!!

2.)  I love these mixed media pieces. Boriani 2.0 tells a story: that of a family tradition, painting, reworked with different materials and techniques, and that of a second life of objects otherwise destined for landfill, a second level, a new release. Computer parts, floppy disk, hard disk, CD-ROM becomes canvas on which to paint alternatives. It is very neat! i like the colour palette - I like the graphic quality - and I like the fact that he paints on re-used stuff!!!! Look at these and decide for yourself:





3.) Ok.....this is my new FAVOURITE song!! You will see why below! C2C (formerly known as Coups2Cross) is a French turntable group created in 1998. They have a new album of work....that is pretty cool!!!! It is called "Tetr4"........you can get it on iTunes!


I am NOT ganna tell you about it....I want you to experience it for yourself. I think it is a cool sound.....TRUST ME.....if you like upbeat music - with a retro feel....this is super cool!
I especially love this song - AND I really like the video too!! Check it out:

Here is another toe tapper....and another good video:
SUPER GOOD!!!!!

4.) And now for something healthy. I came across this one on Pinterest. I will be trying it out next week!

QUINOA PIZZA BITES!!!!!!

Ingredients:
1/2 c. uncooked quinoa
1 large egg
1/2 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. fat free shredded mozzarella
1 t. minced garlic
1 T. dried basil
1 t. dried oregano
pinch of salt
pizza sauce for dipping

This is from http://fitsuccess.blogspot.ca/2013/02/healthy-snack-quinoa-pizza-bites.html
Check out the blog - lots of great ideas here!

5.) This is one of the funniest things I have seen in a while! TAKE THIS LINK to George Takei's Amazon reviews of products. Thanks Deb for sending this to me!! Enjoy folks! Here is a sampling:



4 comments:

  1. Do not like Bates motel - too scary. How can you watch that? David better not go out of town!
    Like the art work, but it's a bit booby.
    Music - what's with you and all the ladies bodies this Weds? Shall we analyze this? Love the songs though. Heading to Itunes now...
    Quinoa bites - yummmmmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to worry - 'Bates' isn't THAT scary - just CREEEEEEEPY!
    Funny.....I didn't notice the 'booby-ness' of ANYTHING........perhaps it is NOT me that is obsessed with boobs???
    (Just sayin' is all!)
    GLAD YOU LOVE THOSE TUNES! ME TOO!!
    Thanks for all the comments!!!! I appreciate it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cost me money!! I downloaded C2C and then a bunch of songs that were recommended!
    Boob looker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome!!!!
    BOOBS BOOBS BOOBS!
    ;-p

    ReplyDelete