MORE ABOUT ME

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

THE GREAT MISSPELLING IN GORE PARK!!!!!

HELLO!
So..if you tuned in yesterday, you will have noticed THIS POST.
It was essentially the background of this painting....

"Gore Park", 36" x 24", Acrylic on Board, 







































I thought it was great, so I did the blog post and social media-ed it up the wazoo.....
Then re-tooled the photo and sent the image to my printer - so that prints could be made......
BUT THEN TRAGEDY STRUCK.....
My oldest friend (old in the duration of friendship - not in age :-) noticed a spelling mistake in the art..........THANKS Michelle! Here is her website (she is a singer/comedienne/spelling bee champion)!
So...........can you find my error????
I'll give you a second....










Evidently I am a MO-ron, and overlooked the CORRECT SPELLING of "Nighttime".
WHAAAAA??
Yes......hard to believe it, but Night-time has a BUNCH of spellings - none of which include a version with only one 't'! I was one 't' short of a full nighttime.
So I spend more time....repainting out the sky and repainting in the CORRECT spelling of the words.
UGH!
I think it looks wrong! But it is not......but you be the judge:

"Gore Park", Acrylic on Board, 36" x 24" -- the REPAINT! ;-)

SO.......the NEW NEW painting will be on exhibition at the Queen & Jackson Art and Craft Market:

80 QUEEN STREET SOUTH, HAMILTON, ONTARIO. JUNE 13-14, 2015, 

11:00AM-6:00PM



(And yes.....there will still be giclèes available in June!)
THANKS!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment