MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, July 16, 2012

HUNG AT HANGMAN.....and HONEST EDS

Yes....I know that title is gonna be flagged and make this blog unavailable at all the government agencies....sorry guys - I just can't help myself!
So today was a BIG DAY!
I spent a few hours hanging my new exhibition:
The details again are:
TOWN AND COUNTRY,  July 17th - Aug  5th,  Opening reception: Thurs July 19th, 7-9pm
Hangman Gallery, 756 Queen Street East 

Here is a preview from my set-up today....


You really have to come by in person to get the full effect!!
Ok.......and here is ANOTHER brand new painting!!!!

"Things",  20" x 18", Acrylic on Canvas.
The breakdown:
This is a Urban Series painting of "Honest Ed's" in Toronto.
The quote is "Do you have things, or do things have you?" and is from Robert A. Cook.
I really like this quote. It seemed to fit the piece - given the words that run along the side of Ed's!
"Don't just stand there. Buy something!"
The other billboards are just made up.
The vintage imagery is a lady shopper.
I think it is all pretty self explanatory!

What do you think of this painting???
Remember to swing by Hangman and say HELLO this Thursday! (Have I mentioned it before??!!)
;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment