MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

WW70: BT ARTBOXES, OH FORTUNA, AND HIDDEN VICTORIAN MOTHERS!

Ok...so I am in the throngs (yes, I said throngs) of show preparation.....which means I have VERY little time...but I put together a quick Wonderful Wednesday post for you my loyal readers!
Enjoy!

1.) This poster is very nice!!! Yes....I know it is a cliche for me to be excited about an Oz movie.....but there it is! I am looking forward to the movie...heres the wiki-synopis:


"Oz: The Great and Powerful is an upcoming 2013 fantasy film directed by Sam Raimi. The film, adapted from L. Frank Baum's 1900 novel The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, is intended as a prequel to the 1939 film The Wizard of Oz. The film stars James Franco as the protagonist. Mila KunisMichelle Williams, and Rachel Weisz star as the three witches."

I think the teaser poster is really good! (thanks Mark for bringing it to my attention)

2.) Ok...there are two ways to look at this one. SPOOOOKY. Or just ridiculous. I think I am somewhere in the middle. I give you 'hidden Victorian mothers' in photos.
Back then, it took HOURS for a photo to capture ( These crazy wait times lead to typical Victorian photography conventions, such as the stiff postures and unsmiling faces of people trying to remain perfectly still while their photograph was being taken. - aka the Victorian sad face. Now just imagine getting your little ones to sit still for that long - let alone without bribery!!!  These ridiculous and amazing and yes, spooky portraits of children (Which I found on ridiculouslyinteresting.wordpress.com via Retronaut) all have their poor  mother, disguised a chair or badly camoflauged under decorative throws. Spot the mother - win a  quarter........go to HERE for more! Or maybe turn it into a drinking game!!! FUN for the whole family! Here's a few more:






3.) You know how Toronto had the painted moose campaign a few years ago....and NYC had the cows.....well London seems to be doing a cool thing with the old telephone boxes.


The open-air art exhibition was launched this week to honor the 25th anniversary of children’s charity ChildLine – a service that provides advice for young people. It will culminate in a gala auction in the capital’s National Portrait Gallery in July to raise money for the cause. Each of the boxes are unfortunately not repurposed phone-boxes but are instead full-size, fibre-glass replicas of the original Sir Giles Gilbert Scott-designed K6 telephone kiosk. Read more: Artists Repurpose London’s Iconic Red Telephone Boxes into Incredible Artworks! BT Artbox – Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building 

(Thanks to www.inhabitat.com for this one)









4.) THIS IS BRILLIANCE. B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-C-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SARA AT "COOK WITH SARA" FOR THIS. I give you.....brownies made in the waffle maker.

BRILLIANT. I hate heating up my whole house in the summer........and then the pan clean-up...this way you save a little hassel!!!!!! Read Sara tips HERE



Read more great stuff on Sara's blog: http://cookwithsara.blogspot.ca

5.) This was sent to me......and I laughed and laughed. If you know Carmina Burana (the opera) or at least know the song "Oh Fortuna" (perhaps from the movies 'Excalibur', 'Glory', 'Hunt for Red October', 'The Doors', 'Natural Born killers', etc........) You will LOVE this one!!!!!
Thanks Jeff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment