MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, July 9, 2012

NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH!

Hello friends!
Well......officially 8 days until I hang my new exhibition
READ ABOUT IT HERE
As you probably know (if you are a regular reader - and why wouldn't you be??) I am a man on a mission.....I still have 5-7 pieces I want DONE (and yes...I see the absurdity of 7 paintings in 8 days)!
Thankfully this weekend I finished a big boy.
I am really enjoying working on the Landscape Series again......with fresh eyes (having not worked on it for a year or more) and the results are pretty good too!
See what you think:
(click on it for a larger view)
"Free Lunch", 20" x 50", Acrylic on Canvas
Now let's talk about it.
The landscape/barn is cobbled together from 3...count them THREE different sources...
I took a bunch of pictures a few years ago......but only from the car as I whizzed by
(no I was not the one driving ;-)
So...because there was not a lot of shots of things....I google mapped the approximate area and did the 'street view' for more angles of the area....IS THAT AMAZING OR WHAT???
THANK YOU GOOGLE MAPS!
Ok.....the poster is a take off on a old diner menu.
And the recipe card has the quote "Nature provides a free lunch, as long as we control our appetites."
It is a quote from William D. Ruckelshaus...and I LOVE IT!
I added some drips and aging on everything.........and some faux tape...
......and Voila!
Whadda ya think??
Do you like this one?
Remember to come out to see it on Thursday July 19th from 7-9pm at Hangman Gallery!

No comments:

Post a Comment