MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

THE GOLDEN HORSESHOE: A NEW PAINTING!

GOOD WEDNESDAY TO YOU!
So, I posted an image of this painting on Facebook a week or so ago....and got a LOT of feedback.....
The funny thing is, the painting wasn't finished!!! So let's hope you guys love it MORE now.....
Okay so, this is from my "Sign of the Times" series, that seems to be doing quite well.
This time I focussed on "The Golden Horseshoe" Ontario......
As you can see, it is generally Niagara - Toronto.
So I wanted to create a piece all about the sights and landmarks you find in that area!
I chose the following landmarks.....
1. Toronto: the CN Tower and a TTC Streetcar.
2. Mississauga: the Marilyn Monroe Towers
3. Burlington: Lift Bridge
4. The GO train
5. Oakville: the downtown Oakville Clock
6. Hamilton: Dundern Castle
7. Grapes (or fruit)
8. The QEW outside St. Catharines
9. The many beaches of Lake ontario from Kew to Fifty Point, from Lakeside and Jones Beach to 
    Grimsby and Bronte Beach!!!
10. "ER" lampposts on Bronte Creek Bridge, 16 Mile Creek Bridge and more along QEW 
     to St. Catharines
11. Niagara Falls: Horseshoe Falls
12. Maid of the Mist

I also decided to do this painting on PAPER....which was a first for me.......and I am excited about how it worked out!!
Okay enough chit chat.....here is the progression of the piece:

Get paper ready - draw out composition and start in with first colour....

Adding more of colour #1 - a teal like blue

Adding in some dark and light Greens

Adding in the dark blue colour, and the 2 greys...

 THEN I FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS....
You missed me adding in a beige and an orangey red.....
Drybrushing in some white to break up the areas a bit

Finally adding little washes ad a sepia coat....
I GIVE YOU THE FINAL PIECE:

"The Golden Horseshoe", 36" x 24", Acrylic on Paper
I am happy with the final look!
YES! Prints are already at the printer!
Wanna pre-order one? JUST EMAIL ME!
I will have these beauties available this weekend at S.P.O.T. - The Summer Pop-up Of Toronto!
Don't know what that show is???

See you Thurs-Sunday at Scadding Court Community Centre - at Bathurst and Dundas!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment