MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, September 14, 2015

CABBAGE TOWN SHOW 2015 - a mini-review.....

HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes my friends, I have just completed my last outdoor art show of the year.
THIS. IS. HUUUUUUUGE!
Honestly, I really overdid it this year.....lots of great life lessons this year.
And by "great".......I mean......important.......and awful.
;-)
Okay.....let's go to my photos to review the weekend at The Cabbagetown Arts and Crafts Sale…..


So...going into day one..........there was this:
YUP!
The 'ol middle finger from Mother Nature!
:-)
 THANK YOU!
Okay, so my grates were NOT happy about this last show.
They REALLY needed some TLC.....they have been through A LOT this year!
Did I mention I have done more outdoor shows this year than any other year in my entire career?
I must have........perhaps all day long?? 
;-p
This was how it all looked on day one!
Not bad really!
My DELIGHTFUL neighbour was the incomparable Lisa Mace:
Not only is SHE a delight.....but her work is very lovely.....especially her daisies......
who doesn't like daisies? RIGHT????
I was informed that I get more likes on Facebook if I take a selfie with my booth AND my fat face.
So here I am!!! (Yup.....that is how badly I need your approval!! ;-)
The park was LOUSY with wasps....(the bees - not the people - no wait - it was both)
THANKFULLY I did not have a reaction when I was attacked viciously by these
awful hateful little terrorists.

It was overcast and quiet all day long.....until 5:30pm......
then the rays of heaven shone upon my work FOR THE FIRST TIME.
AMEN.....
I was convinced that the rays led to that big farm landscape.....and that meant it would sell!!!!
ANYONE?? 
A nice sunny finish to the first day!
Then we packed it up for day one......and I WENT HOME TO DRINK!
I fell asleep content knowing that Saturday and Sundays are always busy at this show!
(I imagine EVERYONE did! ;-)
Next morning I arrived in the rain.......it had rained all night......

I LOVE mud at an art show - I love cleaning it off my life's work....and my shoes....
and I love NOT tracking it into my home later.
LOVE IT!
REALLY!!

Lisa and I started the day with all the hope and optimism in the world!
IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ENORMOUS COFFEE!

My tent looked lie it was dip-dyed! How WONDERFUL!
YAY for the healing properties of MUD!
Let me tell you, it did NOT take me ONE HOUR to find a parking spot for the show that I PAID to be in.....and it was at 8:30am!!!!!And I did NOT feel bitter about having to park 1.6km away!!!!
Next time, perhaps I could put everything on my back and pack mule my whole booth to save the aggravation??
<>
THE WEATHER on day two was......um......dark.....cool.......kinda unappealing......
My tent on day 2......
My tent day 2 ---- thanks to Instagram.
LOOK!!! IT'S SUNNY!!! COME OUT!!!!!
(It's a trap! ;-)
My daily selfie!
One of these gals looks GREAT - even a little sexy!!!!!!!!!
Ya, I mean me!
 The day ended like this:
WHAAAT? RAIN?????
You bet your sweet bippy!
Then we packed it up for day one......and I WENT HOME TO DRINK!
I fell asleep content knowing that SUNDAYS are always the busiest at this show!
I know EVERYONE did! 
;-)
Next morning I arrived...it was less than 10 degrees (Yup - that means COOL) and then saw this........
Let's imagine the story here.....

Some abandoned gitch.......then a few feet further........



EW.
I know.......but I needed got share with you how GLAMOROUS the life of an artist is!!
My guess......is that the wet and freezing cold temperatures really brings "lovers" together!!!
It did for these two:
They had their head pressed together to keep warm.
SWEET!
It almost warmed my cold cold heart!
Despite the cold.....we put our best game faces on:

YAY!
Enthusiasm...or criminal insanity - YOU DECIDE!
This was the day.
Uh huh......good times!!
So, to review.......day three was.........3 pairs of socks - 1 tee shirt - 2 hoodies - 1 raincoat -
and a "can do" attitude!
Despite the cold cold cold cold rain - AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
I did get to redeem this coupon that someone spent in my booth!
Yup...I was pleased.....despite what my my face says here......
AND THEN THAT WAS IT!

At the end, I  found this book too!
It was about meditation and such....
A SIGN FROM THE UNIVERSE??
SO THAT WAS IT!!!!!!!!
What a weekend.
It seemed like the fitting ending to my outdoor shows this year.
Thanks to all who made it out despite the weather, and thanks to those who bought....
YOU ARE MY FAVOURITES!
;-)
Thanks to my neighbours, and my husband for not murdering me!
NEXT??
The ONE OF A KIND CHRISTMAS SHOW!
(don't worry - I will be blogging and tweeting about THAT for 2 months!!!!)
Thanks y'all!!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment