MORE ABOUT ME

Thursday, September 24, 2015

WINE O'CLOCK!

Happy Birthday! Oh....wait........it's MY birthday.......
(No....no.......no presents necessary!)
BUT my present to you, is this BRAND NEW PAINTING!
This was a commission.....I know what you are thinking.....
HOLD THE PHONE..........ROB.........YOU DO COMMISSIONS???
Yes.......yes I do!
And a fair number of them!!
This one was pretty fun.........My client wanted me to do a painting called "wine o'clock".....and wanted it to be  12" x 12"....like my other "Mixed Message Series" paintings.
Now.....full disclosure......this client is also my 2nd cousin.......which may have added a little pressure to really knock it out of the park.......but still.....super fun challenge!
I got some parameters - it had to be white wine......and beyond that....it was up to me!
(WHICH IS PERFECT!)
Thankfully I have been to their home......so I kinda remembered lots of earth tones and some yellows, reds and browns in the decor........so I tried to keep the colours in that family.
I handled it a bit like a traditional still life oil painting, which may have added a bit of extra time to the painting of it, but I am SUPER HAPPY with the results:

"Wine O'Clock, 12" x 12", Acrylic on Wood"

Kinda subtle....no?
It was a challenge to work in this palette.....but I think it works quite well!

It is kinda in the same vein as this piece:
"Cock and Bull Story" 24" x 24" 
"Cock and Bull Story" is a bigger piece -- which will be available at The ONE OF A KIND SHOW:


AND NOPE.....sorrry......there are no prints of either of these 2 works!
(They are just way too reasonably priced to reproduce! :-)
I may use the term 'wine o'clock' again though......anyone interested in that???!

ANYWAYS......thankfully, my 'cuz seemed to like the final product too!
(Which is the MOST important thing!)
HUZZAH!

As you can see, dear friends, I am 'adaptable' in style if it belongs within my painting Series!
So.......keep that one in mind -- Christmas is coming!!
Also if you ever have suggestions for upcoming works....I would be happy to entertain those!!
Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment