MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, February 10, 2014

VALUE VILLAGE: Love it or Hate it?


Ok….so you have been requesting this post for a while……
For those of you new to my blog….this is the documentation of my trip to The Value Village…..or as we call it, The VV Boutique. Ok….one little twist today…usually I show you almost exclusively HORRIBLE things…..but I wanted today, to show you some things that I also LOVED…..
Let's make it a game show --- VVB: love or hate?
Let's goooo…..
This fabric……retro…….kinda looks like Professor X's bedsheets?
Love it or hate it?
How about this one?
It is like the urban homeless version my big fat  gypsy wedding.
OMG I LOVE THAT IDEA!!
This wine glass….that can hold A WHOLE BOTTLE OF WINE….
Love that we can legitimize rampant alcoholism?
Or hate it?

Here….the answer…it is the top of the packaging for that glass….
"Please use AFTER baby is born"
HAHAHAHA!!
Drunken new moms everywhere UNITE!
LABEL THIS FOR ME……
1.) Jesus is caught between a rock and a hard place.
2.) Jesus was the first to try out his Shakespeare monologue at the open mic night at The Rock Garden
3.) Dude…….I hope you have an SPF60 on!

All my life I have searched for very collectable and RARE Second Cup sales art…. TEA EDITION!
It is the worst. Or maybe it is just faul-TEA design..
(get it? ITS A PUN!!!)
Overheard on a cellphone…..
"Hey Chuck…….they got those Harley Belts you have been looking for…..
OR there is this kick ass  belt from the house of Steven Tyler (aka Joan Rivers)

Heather and Heidi……would remember their 18th birthday party with all the love in their hearts.
The next day they left their tutus at home and ran away to become strippers.
Cautionary tale or true crime story -- you decide!
Collectables…..just as you would expect to find them??
Lazy dolls.
Then again, I choose my collectable figurines SOLEY based on their shoes!
(ANOTHER PUN - SOLE - oh dear!!)

See…..now this……I LOVE THIS PIECE!
Nothing bad to say about it!

OK…..SO……..Fine Art…..Love it or Hate it…
which one do I love….?
I call this one
"In God we Trust: all others must pay cash"
Acrylic on canvas
"Inside Catherine Zeta Jone's Head"
Pen, ink, blood and feces on board
"Heidi and Hansel's creepy relationship, and Heidi's untimely demise"
Limited edition print 
Did you guess??
#2! Very arty! I liked it!

Assorted electrics.
Key Ring Holder, hair colour and garlic press??
Please email me with the joke here!!!
I am stumped! 
Princess slippers and a keyboard…..
For the lady secretary who has it all?
OR is it the name of my band??? 
I HAD THIS IN MY HANDS.
I really felt like it was meant for ME!
But then I turned it over….
Time for another instalment of it is Cute? or  is it Racist?
"Oh Jenny, I love this scarf with flowers….but it may be too busy…
How about this one with the check pattern? Oh wait…I found the perfect daytime scarf….
it is a feather boa made of synthetic bird bits. SO classy. So everyday Canadian winter!"
Ball monogrammer.
I have a LOT of unseemly ball jokes here.
But as this is the last photo…….I will NOT do it.
You're welcome!
There you have it folks….another trip to the VVB!
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Remember to tune back in later this week for my Wonderful Wednesday…and a Friday post where I will be sharing NEW work with you(s)!!!

2 comments:

  1. "Lazy dolls." lol YOU are so funny. I did quite like Prof. X's bedsheets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nichola!!! I appreciate it!! :-)

    ReplyDelete