MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, December 13, 2010

NEW DRAWING.....

Hello all!
I have started some new drawings. Which is always exciting.
I thought I would post a picture of my computer rendering so far.
For those of you who don't know my process, it goes a bit like this.
I go out once a month (or so) to take photos...and then use them whenever they come in handy.
I then do some drawings or I use my tablet to make drawings.
I then import all the info. into photoshop and I cobble together all the bits.
So here is my latest:

So the idea of this painting came from someone who was giving me advice about my career.
It went a little something like this:
"Rob, you should try to paint something that is going to appeal to EVERYONE"
This is terrible advice.
But it is advice I get fairly regularly.
So I have taken that advice, and merged all my series of paintings into ONE!
My Landscape Series + Urban Series + Tin Toys + Mixed Media!
IT IS C-R-A-Z-Y! I know!
So, as you can see from this drawing I have a landscape of a sunset that was taken up north.
I am gonna let it drip in to the cityscape....A LOT....(I think)
The cityscape is from Hollywood, California.
When I go to paint this, I will fiddle with the colours (that's right, I will fiddle) so that the two will have more colours in common.
The grey and coloured squares are going to be applied tin metal. With rivets.
The robot will probably be painted on wood and applied.......and painted in a very graphic style.
And the "multi-functioning" will be on a wood barn board...
You will notice I have highlighted the word F-U-N and the word TIN
Get it?
So this is the plan stage, and I will show you how it progresses!
Wish me luck!
What do you think of my new idea?
Great?
Terrible?
MEH?



No comments:

Post a Comment