MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

SPACE COWGIRL

HEY!
I have just finished my latest piece.
I really love it. I know that might sound a bit like tooting my own horn......but I really think it is a super piece. I took a bunch of photos of it in progress so you could see how it developed. I had someone comment that they found it interesting, so I am doing it again!
About the piece....
It is H-U-G-E (ok....it is 3 feet by 4 feet - which is pretty big)
I based it on old pin-up girls. Normally i stay away from pin-ups....because I am better with cartoon-y faces than more realistic-y. Not that her face is realistic, it just is more than my usual thing.
The top of the background is based on old tin-toy packaging.
The quote is from Carl Sagan:
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."
Ok, so here it is in it's various stages:
Size isn't everything.....but look how large this is on my easel.
I had to draw her out on plywood first.

She is then cut out and primed and painted. 

Very strange painting cleavage for a day. I just need to finish the boots, gloves and guns.
I SAID BOOTS......   
Staring on the background before I re-attach the girl.

Ok, so we obviously skipped a couple of days and steps...but I forgot to take photos.
OOPS!

Now all I need to do is add the quotes and the bottom imagery.

Almost there. I left it for a day and realized the bottom needed more ...

Here is the final product. I love it!

Added mixed media pieces to the bottom and some metal bits on the red line work. LOVE IT!!

What do you think?
Do you think it is my best space painting EVER????
I would love the feedback!

2 comments:

  1. Allo!
    I had an art-walk with my class a few weeks ago, and I remember seeing this at the ART TRAX venue.
    I really like your art!

    ReplyDelete