MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, August 3, 2012

ONE SQUARE FOOT OF GOODNESS!

Hey Ya'll...well this weekend the 10th annual AWOL Gallery Square Foot Show opens! And I have some work that is in this HUGE show. Here are the deets on the show:

THE 10th ANNUAL ORIGINAL SQUARE FOOT ART SHOW
EXHIBITION DATES: Saturday August 4th – Sunday August 19th, 2012
PRESS & COLLECTORS EVENING GALAFriday August 3rd, 7pm – 10pmTicketed event in support of Daily Bread Food Bank and Arts For Children & Youth - PURCHASE TICKETS ONLINETickets $25 in advance, $30 at the door

ARTIST EVENING RECEPTIONSaturday August 4th, 7pm – 11pmFREE admission
Location: Twist Gallery, 1100 Queen Street West, Toronto
 
 (just west of Dovercourt)
GALLERY HOURS: Wednesday - Saturday 12-7pm & Sunday 12-5pm  (Please note that on Saturday, August 4th the show will be open from 12pm-4pm and will re-open at 7pm for the Artists reception)

AWOL Gallery celebrates the very special Tenth Anniversary of The Original Square Foot Art Show. Since its inception in 2003, The Annual Square Foot Art Exhibition has become one of the most exciting Art Shows for Artists and Collectors alike. Collect Visual Art by New & Established Artists.  More than 600 Artists & Over 1500 pieces of Art! All artwork 12x12 inches & Collectible at $225.

JOIN US IN CELEBRATION OF ART & ARTISTS! HELP MAKE THIS YEARS SQUARE FOOT SHOW A GIANT SUCCESS!
For my part - I created these 3 BRAND NEW pieces of mixed media works specifically for the Square Foot show.
Now, I also created 2 of these style of 'Mixed Message" series for my "Town and Country Show"
WHICH CLOSES THIS WEEKEND - see info HERE!
And I got some good feedback - that people were not to sure what they were about.....
But here I can explain them! I also came up with a solution to the 'What does it say' inquiries!!!
I think they are super fun!!!


"Audacity" - which is phonetically spelled 'odd-ass-city' is 12" x 12".
This piece uses a transfer of my (sold) painting "Going Somewhere", which has been repainted and re-inked.....I then added an original hand inked donkey (aka ass).....and a bunch of painted mouldings!
I also added a plastic donkey, and some kids letters that spell 'odd'.
I really think this word works well to describe a view of city hall.
You know what I mean????
As you can see (below) - these new works have the name painted right on the side - so that you KNOW what it is saying immediately! I think the painted name is a great addition to these works!
What do you think?



"Insinuates" - phonetically 'in-sin-ewe-eights' also 12" x 12".
This one is a totally repainted transfer of my (sold) painting "Sleep Late", 
I made and applied a giant eight painted on wood.
It also has a bunch of painted mouldings!
I added a plastic ewe - but then thought it might be too obscure for people.....so I also added some kids letters that spell 'u' and also put in letters for 'in'.
I think this word also works with the subject matter of a strip club. 



Then there is "Succubus" ('suck-u-bus') my final 12" x 12".
This piece uses a transfer of my (sold) painting "Party Time", which I repainted with a bus instead of the original firetruck...so it was a TOTAL repaint!
I stained the wood in the background and then added (in ink) the imagery of the lady busy vacuuming!
Like the others, there is a bunch of painted mouldings.
I also added an antique printing press letter 'U'.
On this one I thought I had better I really give the definition of the word which is:
"A demon that assumes a female form to tempt men, ofter appearing in their dreams"
 COME ON!!! Is that perfect imagery/meaning for all the 'breast-taurants'???
It maybe a bit more risqué than my others.....but I really like it!!

What say you?
Do you love these new pieces?????
I'd love your comments!

HAPPY LONG WEEKEND!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment