MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

MOVE OVER DOROTHY...........

Hello!!!
Okay, so I am a little behind in my blogging.
(insert best 13 year old girl voice here)
...um.....blogging.....is like....hard....
So I am busy busy busy getting work done for










The One of a Kind Show

In the last post, I claimed I would be done over a hundred new pieces.......
Well....its been a week....a week of 12 hour days mostly...including Sunday.....
....and so far I have a LOT done!!

So, you know this piece:
(which is long since sold)


Well I was doing that same idiom again. 
As I do!
"Goody Two Shoes" seems to be a popular piece, so I started a new version......I was painting them red, with a polka dot pattern when it HIT ME......

BAM!

THEY LOOK KINDA LIKE THE RUBY SLIPPERS!!
(If you don't know the ruby slippers - you are so reading the wrong blog right now!)
The Wizard of Oz is a huge favourite of mine.....and i have never really done anything related to it.....UNTIL NOW.....so with Oz in mind, I went to work!
Let me show you my first 4 completed paintings.
Each is different and yet similar....

"Goody Two Shoes", 6" x 6", Acrylic on Wood.

and...this one:

"Goody Two Shoes....also", 6" x 6", Acrylic on Wood.

Do you love these???
AND DID I MENTION THEY ARE ONLY 50 BONES!!
Yes...for $50.....you cannot go wrong!!!!!!
Not only do they describe an idiom in pictures, it is also kinda fitting for Dorothy. 
Am I right?? (Yes, admittedly, I was more on the side of the Wicked Witch)
So then I thought I would do a few larger......

"Goody Two Shoes", 9" x 6", Acrylic on Wood.

AND...

"Goody Two Shoes", 6" x 6", Acrylic on Wood.

So these bigger guys, are only $100!!!
COME ONE!!
Now, with these in my head, I think I may dive into design for some companion pieces.
YA! More Oz inspired creations.....
WHAT DO YOU THINK????
Here are a couple options (yes they are PUN driven)....
The first three are sure fits.....the rest.......hmmmm......

TOTO = Top Dog

FLYING MONKEYS =  Monkey Business

COWARDLY LION = Scaredy Cat

LOLLYPOP GUILD = Sucker Punch???

WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST = every witch way
                                                              witching hour
                                                              green with envy

GLINDA = witch is witch
                    good grief
                    good riddance
                    good to go
                    good old days
                    for good measure

TIN MAN = accident prone ( axe-i-dent prone)
                     get the axe
                     con-tin-gent
                     to be conTINued
                     TINker around
                     Tinsel town
                   
SCARECROW = Bird Brain
                             Brain trust
                             Brain Teaser
                             All brawn - no brains

OKAY GUYS.............WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??
I'd love your input on a few of these - or maybe you have a BETTER idea??
Or maybe you HATE all of this???
Sure......I'd like to hear from the haters too!!!
Comment - or EMAIL me!
Thanks guys......now I gotta get back to work!

 
               





No comments:

Post a Comment