MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

WW106: DAILY CONTAMINATIONS, THE OSCARS, and GOATS YELLING

Let's just get to it....5 things that I LOVE this week!!

1.) Peanut Butter Popcorn: I WANT TO GO TO THERE!
Ingredients:
1/2 cup light corn syrup (or golden syrup)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
6 -8 cups popped popcorn

Directions:
-In small pan melt together corn syrup and sugar.
-Add peanut butter and melt.
-Be careful not to boil mixture too much, the peanut butter will start to burn.
-Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
-Stir mixture over popcorn.

(via http://fegutesfatonsa.tumblr.com/post/43826026031/peanut-butter-popcorn-recipe )

2.)"Daily Contaminations" - these photographs by Luca di Filippo are all about the invisible electronic traces we leave in our daily activities. The insects are made of electronic waste. I LOVE THEM! But here's what she says:

"These little creatures are born from all the trashed electronic gadgets we used for years and years. They are very smart, harmless but curious, very curious.They roam around looking for informations about our habits."




(Thanks to Junk Culture for this one!)

3.) THIS IS NEAT! It's a  12,000 square foot facility divided evenly into two spaces, utilizing 17 recycled shipping containers to construct a reusable workspace. The mastermind behind the concept is Ken block who shows his new team headquarters along with a new team name - known as the 'hoonigan racing division' - which will house the 'gymkhana' mastermind race car. Check it out:





I wish my boss would pony up for a cool workspace like this one!!!
(via Design Boom)

4.) Ok....it was LOOOOOONNNGGG.....and maybe a little less exciting than I hoped, but the 2013 Oscars provided some enjoyment for me.....and that was the scenery. Here are a few of the MANY looks that I thought were TERRIFIC!!! (all thanks to Derek McLaine - one of Broadway's best scenic designers) I love the repetition of the Oscar - and the lovely lighting......So great to see good design!!









5.) OK....these clips made me laugh out loud this week.......they are both SUPER POPULAR....but just in case you have been living under a rock......I give you these:

This poor girl....whose range of emotions in just seconds made me laugh and laugh and laugh:

These yelling goats:


THESE yelling goats...enjoy:






No comments:

Post a Comment