MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, January 3, 2011

TOP 10 ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF 2010.....(A.K.A. PAT ON THE BACK)

Yearly, (much like smokers and overeaters) I like to make some career related resolutions.
Ok, more like...yearly I like to take a good hard look at the year that passed, and try to forecast the upcoming year! So when I sit down and really think about it, how did the year go?
I like to make lists. Lists help. (I know it is a bit type A, but I am a bit type A!!)
Here is the list of lists that I will make:
What have I accomplished?
IS there anything that I have control over, that I can do to improve things?
What am I most grateful for?
What are my goals for this upcoming year?
Who have been my greatest influences of the year?
Which paintings turned out the best?
Truthfully, there are a lot more lists than that......but I want to share some of the year highlights with you!

Things I am most proud of this year.

1)     I completed my 394th painting. WHAAAAAAT???
        Yup...I decided to count them up and to date I have completed 398 paintings.

2)     A painting was bought by the City of Toronto Art Collection (below) Read the story HERE.

3)      I was mentioned in a FABULOUS coffee table book. It was one of the things I have always
         wanted. I assumed I would have to self-publish to make a book........(and I still hope to) But this
         was a great surprise! Read more on this ENTRY:

4)      I had my first out of province show. I was part of a group show in Kelowna B.C.
         Read all about it HERE:

5)      2010 was also my very first show in the U.S. You know how artists dream of having shows in 
         Miami or New York? Not me. I go right for the centre of the art world in the U.S. I was part of a 
         group show in scenic Cleveland Ohio!! Read all about my adventures in the 'Cleve HERE:

6)      I completed my FIFTIETH professional exhibition. 50 shows in 6 years. So...that is.......wait for 
         it........about 8 a year. This year I did only 5. But 5 good ones. Cleveland, Kelowna, The Toronto 
         Outdoor Show, my solo Arcade show, and The Artist Project. If you are a loyal reader, you know 
         that I am doing this show again this year. Read about my PLAN, and check out my booth layout:



7)      I began the year producing my first works on METAL. This was a huge step forward in my artistic 
         development. I know it doesn't seem like a great accomplishment, but they were something 
         TOTALLY different for me. I always think that each change in my art brings me closer to 
         OUTSTANDING SUCCESS. Each step forward also leads to the nest step.....and so on and so 
         on.....So this was my first metal piece:
         The great thing about the metal is that it opened my mind to new materials. Which lead me to 
         producing some smalls that are mixed media. I love the idea of smaller and more affordable art. 
         Read about the beginnings of my Mixed Message Series HERE:

8)      One word. ARCADE. After working on my Mixed Messages Series, I realized that I could do 
         large mixed media pieces. So I learned how to better use my tools and created a series of work that 
         looked like vintage pinball machines. Read my blog about it HERE. It is a good story. Ok, it's a 
         long story.....but it is interesting.

9)      At my solo Arcade exhibition, I got some good press which I BLOGGED about!

         Check out this great blog entry about me by Trish Boon:



10)    I was able to make a living in the arts in 2010. Yes, I know that doesn't seem like much of an 
         accomplishment, but in this TERRIBLE economy I am happy to have kept afloat for another year. 


I am so grateful for those who purchased my work this year.
I am grateful for the Galleries that stuck with me this year: 
Gallery at 129 Ossington,
Liss Gallery 
Art in the Village
I am grateful for the new galleries that took a chance on me: 
Terrence Robert Gallery in Ottawa
Art Trax Gallery in Port Credit
Sopa Gallery in Kelowna B.C.
Pennello Gallery in Cleveland. 
I thank my agents who have helped keep me going in my most 'poor me' times during the year. 
I would also like to thank my friends and family and especially husband who always helps me 'get back on the horse'! (that is an expression - I don't really have a horse)

I am also very pleased about this blog. Thank you readers for checking in with me.
I don't know how many there are of you out there, but I appreciate every one of you.
Thanks for taking the time! And remember your comments are most welcome here!

It is an exciting time. New year. New work. New challenges.
Also a time for new beginnings and new opportunities.
My next blog is about my plans for the new year and my resolutions!
F-U-N!!



No comments:

Post a Comment