MORE ABOUT ME

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY.....IS THAT THE BEST NAME I CAN COME UP WITH?

******Note it may or may not be Wednesday depending on where you are reading this from. 
I was just so excited to share this post with you......that I pre-published this post.......or it could be that I put too much Baileys on my cereal! Whatever the reason.....here is the post:


I love me some alliteration. And Lord knows I tried other permutations of #WW.
Wacky Wednesdays?
Woot woot Wednesdays?
What's that Wednesdays?
Well done Wednesdays?
Ok, anyways, Wonderful Wednesdays.......on with it.......

1. So, do you like your old-time rock and roll? The kind off music that just the SOOTHES soul? Sure ya do!! Personally, I love me some "doo wop"! The Overtones is a group out of England is making cool new/old music. Check out the video:
I like them a lot! It is kinda fun and retro. The album is mostly golden oldies.....but there are 3 new ones too that are especially enjoyable!

2.  Here is an artist I met at The Artist Project. Randy Hryhorczuk. We have been doing a lot of the same shows together for years! I love these paintings. His work is super good, I love the colours, and the compositions are really awesome! I especially like that his work has a message!!!

Randy's bio: Randy Hryhorczuk was born in Vancouver, British Columbia Canada in 1974 and was raised in the countryside. He lived in the city of Vancouver for several years before moving to Toronto, Ontario in 1999 to focus on painting. Randy relocated to Guatemala City, Guatemala with his wife in 2007 for a few years. At the same time he continued to show his work in Canada, so he returned frequently for shows. Randy is a self-taught oil painter. He has exhibited his work in Canada, the United States, and Germany. Randy currently paints full time at his Toronto studio.


Make sure to check out his site!!! GREAT STUFF!!


3. My latest book recommendation is not for the faint of heart. It is also a lot lighter than last weeks 'inspirational' book. Chelsea Handler's book "Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea." If you like a good laugh....and sometimes a bit of mean-spirited humour....read read read this book!!




4. Ok, so I am the last person in the world to see "the Kings Speech", and yes, it was brilliance. But I wanted to mention this room (thanks for the idea Cindy) I love the walls, and think they are worth bloggin' about. Funny, when I googled 'kings speech office' - someone else had beat me to it....


These walls are delicious.
Grace at "Sense and Simplicity" talks about the location that this scene was shot in,
and even made up this colour chart. GREAT WORK GRACE!!!

5. The blog "Design Sponge" is fab, and they published photos from the house of Karen Barlow (a designer) Love the dots, love the checks love the hot pink....LOVE: 
YUM YUM YUM!!

Here's an exra #WW bonus inspirational quote:

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for: it is a thing to be achieved." William Jennings Bryant 

So, there you have it. Some new inspiration for y'all.
Enjoy!
Let me know what you think!!!
And hey, pass along anything that might be good to inspire others!!!


2 comments:

  1. Loving #WW. I vote for Woot-Woot Wednesday. But that's becauce I like any excuse to say Woot! I still have not seen the King's Speech - so you're officially only second last to see it. Love the post! PW

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU MUST SEE T.K.S. IT IS SUUUUUUPER GOOD!
    I am not sure I can pull off 'woot woot'.........it is not for everyone! ;-)
    Thanks for the comments!!!

    ReplyDelete