MORE ABOUT ME

Friday, April 23, 2010

WORK IN PROGRESS

Ok, so this is a painting that I started a couple of days ago. It is for my own hallway.
You probably can't tell by the picture, but this canvas is 3 feet by 4 feet. (BIG) Please, pay no attention to how messy my studio is - it tends to get a bit out of control while the painting is in-progress. So, as you can see, I tend to work up a painting form the background to the foreground. I have blocked in most of the major elements in the background. I have put a 'spatter coat' on it and several washes in colour and in umber (to age the look of the canvas). I find that the distressing helps lend to the vintage look of my work. (It also means I can handle the paint loosely and it will still look good in the end!) You can see the drawing that I am working from - in the middle of the canvas. I am working up the robot, and hope to have him done today. I also have to put some text on (in the bottom near his feet). So, this is what it looks like a day before it is done.......I hope you find it interesting......if you have any questions or comments, I would love to hear them!!

2 comments:

  1. Lookin Good Rob!!

    Your studio photo makes me feel good about my messy studio : )

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete