MORE ABOUT ME

Monday, April 4, 2011

NEED FOR SPEED....

Howdy ho!
I wanted to show you the latest painting in my "Auto Fixation" show
(Coming in June to a gallery near you.......actually a gallery near Mississauga)
ANYWAYS...here it is:


"If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." 
The quote is from Mario Andretti.
The car is a Porsche 356 Roadster.
It is the car most associated with James Dean. (He died in the Porsche 550 Spyder)
The poster is for the 24 Hours of LeMan, which is the world's oldest sports car race. (1923)
(no, this poster does not exist.......it is cobbled together from this and that and my brain)
I know what you are thinking.....Rob, those shoes do not go with her outfit.
I just needed some more colour in this composition. And I love me a coloured shoe!

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment